The Central Registrar, Alumni and EMIS Directorate is a unit of the University responsible for all operational matters pertaining to student admissions, student selection and placement, follow up overall student registration, scheduling of courses, academic records of all the schools and graduation. Further, it is responsible for keeping up-to-date overall information of the university (student status, staff and resource etc.).
The Director of Central Registrar, Alumni and EMIS Directorate (The University Registrar) is accountable to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Some of the main academic duties and responsibilities of The Central Registrar are as follows:
- Prepare the academic calendar of the University each year;
- Ensure that University Senate directives and guidelines on students are equitably, uniformly and consistently interpreted and implemented;
- Maintain up-to-date records and documents on all academic matters;
- Maintain up-to-date overall data of the university;
- Create and maintain up-to-date, confidential, private, safe, and permanent records of all students;
- Issue transcripts, degrees, diplomas & certificates with approval of the authorized body,
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate information on students’ status;
- Prepare and issue the Academic Calendar, catalogue(s), and admission prospectus and student handbooks of the University on a regular basis;
- Support, coordinate and oversee the registrar units (College registrar) of the University,
- Prepare the list of candidates approved by the academic commissions or boards eligible for the award of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other awards.
As per the new structure of the university, the central registrar governs all college registrars.